Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the stages of fetal lung development, summarizing its functions in utero and transitions at birth.
- Describe the development of fetal circulation.
- Explain the role surfactant plays in the development of neonates.
- Identify and discuss the stages of labor and delivery, complications that can occur, and preventive steps that can be taken.
- Explain how to interpret neonatal radiographs, and how to treat the most common respiratory diseases affect infants and children.
- Describe the markers for a high-risk pregnancy, and high-risk infants.
- Identify the clinical signs and appropriate treatments for common neonatal.