Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what is meant by "tuberculosis" and the Tubercle Bacillus pathogenesis process once an exposure
- Identify what is meant by "Responsibility for Successful Treatment of Tuberculosis"
- Identify recommended treatment regimens
- Identify the practical aspects of patient management during treatment
- Identify the specific treatments in special situations
- Identify the role of the Public Health Department
- Identify the steps involved in promoting treatment adherence
- Identify the CDC guidelines for mandatory reporting requirements of TB
- Identify the statistics for TB patients and their areas of concentration within the U.S.